Peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, and cherries are referred to as "stone fruits" because the seed is very large and hard. They have soft, juicy flesh. Stone fruits are in season during the summer and are much more expensive and less tasty in the off-months.
- Let firm fruit ripen on the counter. Once fruit is ripe, store in refridgerator for 1 week.
- Can be eaten raw.
- Roast in oven at 350˚ for 15-20 minutes and top with cinnamon and vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert.
Why It's Great
- Vitamin A keeps our eyes working, our immune system strong, and our cells growing.
- Vitamin C keeps our immune system strong and helps our bodies heal quickly.
- Fiber helps with healthy digestion and keeps us feeling full. Eating enough fiber has been shown to keep our hearts healthy too.
- Potassium, a type of electrolyte, helps build muscle and keeps your heart healthy.