Chicken, Turkey, Duck
Poultry is a type of meat that includes chicken, turkey, duck, and other birds that can be cooked and eaten. Poultry is a good source of protein and is low in fat when eaten without the skin. It is a healthy alternative to red meat and pork.
- Keep meats on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator so the juices don't drip onto any food below it.
- Freeze meat to use at a later date.
- Poultry can be baked, roasted, grilled, or added to a stir-fry. Search for these terms on our website to learn how to cook using these methods.
Why It's Great
- Proteins are building blocks for our bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. They provide a variety of nutrients that are essential for health and maintenance of your body.
- B vitamins are important for growth, development, and many other bodily functions. They are especially important in turning the food that we eat into energy for our body.
- Chicken breast, when baked, is low in fat and keeps our heart healthy.