Photo credits (left to right): Photo credits (top to bottom): Wikimedia Commons; Wikimedia Commons; Flickr: Public Domain Photos
Butter, Sour Cream, Cottage Cheese, Condensed Milk, Cream, Evaporated Milk, Kefir, Powdered Milk, Whipped Cream
Other dairy products (besides milk, cheese, and yogurt) are food products that are made from cow's milk.
- Choose nonfat or low-fat dairy when purchasing products like sour cream or cottage cheese.
- Check expiration dates before buying and make sure you can use it before that date.
- Keep all dairy products in the refrigerator unless sold in cans, like evaporated milk or condensed milk. Once opened, put remaining milk in an air-tight container and store it in the refrigerator.
Why It's Great
- Calcium is good for bone health. Combine high calcium foods with with foods that contain Vitamin D for better absorption.
- Lowfat or nonfat dairy products help keep our cholesterol levels healthy.
Potatoes, Sour cream
Fresh Veggies and Dip
Sour cream, Salsa, Green onions, Garlic salt, Red bell pepper, Celery, Baby carrots
Turnip Pancakes (Latkes)
Onion, Turnips, Eggs, All-purpose flour, Black pepper, Salt, Vegetable oil