Hot peppers are usually small peppers with seeds inside. The seeds are typically very spicy and can be left out to reduce the level of hotness. It is best to gradually add small amounts of hot peppers when cooking to make sure the dish doesn't get too spicy to eat!
- Store peppers in plastic bag in refridgerator for 3-4 days.
- Cut off the stem and halve the pepper; remove seeds and membrane to decrease the heat.
- Sauté or roast. You can also microwave peppers in covered dish with a little water for 4-6 min or until tender.
Why It's Great
- Vitamin A keeps our eyes working, our immune system strong, and our cells growing.
- Vitamin C keeps our immune system strong and helps our bodies heal quickly.