White Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, White Sugar, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla Extract, Almond Extract, Cocoa Powder
Baking staples are considered common ingredients used for baking anything from bread to cookies. If you plan on baking, these ingredients are great to keep in your kitchen for convenience and to reduce extra trips to the store.
- Store in a cool, dry place (like a pantry or cupboard)
- Whole wheat flour should be stored in the refrigerator so it doesn't spoil.
- Try using half white flour and half whole wheat flour in your favorite baked goods recipes.
- Some recipes call for more sugar than they need. Experiment with using less sugar in the recipe. It usually still tastes plenty sweet!
Why It's Great
- Using half white flour and half whole wheat flour adds fiber and nutrients without drastically changing the texture of the baked good.