Try out these easy-to-make exciting twists on sandwiches for your kids that are full of color and flavor!
- Greek yogurt is a healthy substitute for low-fat yogurt. It is high in protein and low in sugar.
- You'll have extra veggies after you make the Apple Turkey Gyro recipe. Add them to cooked brown rice or quinoa to make a quick and nutritious grain salad.
- In the Peachy Peanut Butter Pita Pockets recipe, you can also use other fruits that you have on hand. Add the remaining ½ apple and peach to your oatmeal the next morning!
- Low-fat yogurt and Greek yogurt will last 1-2 weeks past its sell by date as long as it is unopened and refrigerated properly. Always smell and check the product for freshness before eating.
- Pita bread can be frozen. To bring thawed or slightly stale bread products back to life, wrap in a damp (not soaking) towel, place on a baking sheet, and cook at 350°F for 5-10 minutes (or wrap and microwave on high for 10 seconds).