Cucumbers grow on vines and come in many varieties. The most common type is long with dark green, smooth skin. However, you can also find white, yellow, and orange colored cucumbers. Cucumbers have a high water content and have a crisp, refreshing taste.
- Cucumbers are over 90 percent water – store in the refrigerator wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to retain moisture.
- They keep for 7 days.
- Wash before eating.
- Eat cucumber slices or sticks raw.
- You can slice a cucumber into spears and dip into homemade hummus or yogurt dip.
- Chop or slice a cucumber up and add it to a salad.
Why It's Great
- Vitamin K helps our bodies heal quickly.