Photo credits (left to right): Photo credits (top to bottom): Flickr: cottonseedoil; Flickr: veganbaking.net
Olive oil, Canola oil, Coconut oil, Peanut oil, Vegetable oil
Cooking oils can be made from plant, animal, or synthetic fats.
Canola oil is commonly used in cooking and for sautéing foods. It contains both omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids, which help our body work normally and reduce inflammation. Olive oil is made by pressing whole olives. It tastes great in salads and drizzled over foods.
- Check the "best by" date on the container to make sure it's still fresh.
- Look for the words "extra virgin" on the label of olive oil for the highest quality.
- Store in cool, dark place to keep oil from going bad.
- Coat vegetables and meat for sautéing or baking.
- Make your own salad dressings.
Why It's Great
- Helps control blood sugar levels.
- Reduces inflammation.
Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette
Low-Fat Orange Dressing
Warm Kale and Lentil Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette