If using soft tortillas for this recipe, warm them before adding the filling.
What You'll Need
- Cutting board
- slow cooker or rice cooker
- Large bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
Place the onion and vegetables in the slow cooker.
Season the chicken with salt and chili.
Place the chicken on top of the onions.
Cook on low for 4 hours or until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
With a spoon, transfer the chicken to a bowl and shred it.
Place equal amounts of the meat and vegetables onto each tortilla.
Add optional toppings.
Rice Cooker Directions:
1. Prepare all ingredients as above, but place the chicken in the rice cooker first with vegetables on top of it.
2. Add 1⁄4 cup water to the cooker.
3. Cook for 1–2 cycles, or until chicken is done.
4. Follow steps 5–7 listed above. the meat is cooked when you can shred it easily with a fork.