Any kind of ground meat works in this recipe, but chicken is the leanest.
minced, or 1 tsp garlic powder
peeled and minced, or ½ tsp ginger powder
or teriyaki sauce
rinsed and patted dry
What You'll Need
- microwaveable bowl
- microwave or skillet
Microwave chicken and onion for 2 minutes.
Stir in garlic, ginger, and celery. Microwave 2-3 more minutes until cooked.
Add carrots, dressing or teriyaki sauce, and optional chili flakes. Cook for 2 more minutes.
Roll about ½ cup filling in each lettuce leaf like a taco.
Sprinkle with optional crushed peanuts.
- You can make your own teriyaki sauce. Heat 2 tablespoons soy sauce with 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon white vinegar in your microwave for about 1 minute. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
Stovetop or Skillet Directions:
1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in the bottom of a skillet.
2. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic, ginger, celery, and ground chicken.
4. Sauté until chicken is cooked through.
5. Add carrot, dressing or sauce, and optional chili flakes and cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Roll ½ cup of filling into each lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with optional peanuts.