1.Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 11-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2.In a pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until light brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3.In a bowl combine ketchup, mustard, molasses, paprika, and garlic and onion powders.
4. In the prepared baking dish, combine cooked onion, beans, and ketchup mixture. Put in oven and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. The beans will have a bit of crust on top.
5.While beans are baking, lightly spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
6. In a bowl, combine flours, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
7.Using a small knife or zester, remove 1 tablespoon of peel from oranges. If using a knife to remove peel, mince peel.
8. In a bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, brown sugar, banana, and orange peel. Mix well.
9. Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Be careful not to over mix, as muffins will be tough.
10. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin cups, 3⁄4 full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on wire rack
11.Serve with BBQ Baked Beans.