Photo attribution: My Tu Duong
If you have never used soft tortillas for tacos, try this recipe. These are delicious any time of day!
What you'll need
1 tablespoon Milk or 1 tablespoon Water
1/4 cup Cheese shredded and low-fat
1/2 cup Black Beans rinsed and drained
1/2 cup Salsa chopped or Chopped Tomatoes
Meat cooked, such as chicken or turkey (optional)
Set skillet to medium-high heat and add oil or butter.
Heat tortillas in bottom of pan for about 1 minute. Remove and wrap in a paper towel.
Mix milk, pepper, and eggs with a fork in a bowl and then pour into warm skillet.
Heat until cooked through (not wet), stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
Place filling in warmed tortillas with beans, cheese, and optional meat, and fold in half.
Top tacos with salsa or tomatoes.
- Combine milk, pepper, and eggs in the bowl with a fork.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave for 1 more minute.
- Place half the egg mixture on top of each tortilla.
- Layer each with 1 tablespoon cheese, 1/4 cup beans, and meat if using.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Fold each tortilla in half around the fillings. Top with salsa or tomatoes and serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7 g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||10%|
|Sodium 205 mg||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 32 g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6 g||21%|
|Protein 17 g|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: