Caesar Chicken Pasta Salad
Try this dish tonight with the whole family – it's light and sure to satisfy picky eaters!
What you'll need
Large pot (stockpot) with lid
3 cups Chicken Breast grilled, skinned, shredded
6 cups Romaine Lettuce cut into 1 inch wide strips
1 1/2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
1/2 cup Fresh Basil finely chopped
1/2 cup Green Onions chopped
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
4 ounces Feta Cheese crumbled
1.Cook pasta by following package directions, drain and lightly rinse with cold water.
2.While pasta cooks, chop the other ingredients.
3.In a large bowl: combine all ingredients and toss until all ingredients are coated with dressing.
- To reduce sodium, use plain cooked chicken in place of the commercial roasted varieties which can be high in sodium.
- Experiment with the salad:
- Substitute the basil/parsley with cilantro.
- Substitute the feta cheese for one of your choice.
- Try a different type of pasta: Fusilli, Rigatoni, Rotelle, Rotini.
- Try it with your favorite dressing.
- Try it with sliced olives.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15 g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 5 g||25%|
|Sodium 390 mg||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||11%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: