This tasty dip has a bit of a kick! It's best served warm with fresh vegetables and baked tortilla chips.
What You'll Need
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Medium saucepan
- Blender container
- In a medium saucepan, stir together beans, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, water, and seasonings.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until very hot, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then pour into a blender container, cover with a tight fitting lid, and blend until almost smooth.
- Pour bean dip into a serving dish and top with cheese and green onions, if you like.
- Serve with cut fresh vegetables or baked chips*.
Optional Toppings: Crumbled Cotija cheese Sliced green onions
*For homemade baked chips: Cut tortillas into wedges, spray on both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in a single layer on a baking sheet at 425°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
Cut this recipe in half to save money.