Roasting vegetables gives them a crisp outside and a sweeter flavor – the perfect comfort food.
What You'll Need
- Measuring spoon
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Baking dish
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400˚F.
- Peel the vegetable (if necessary) and cut into 1- to 2-inch chunks.
- Place veggies in a large bowl with oil and stir until coated with oil.
- Sprinkle salt and herbs over veggies.
- Transfer veggies to a baking dish in a single layer to ensure they roast instead of steam.
- Bake about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to distribute herbs and oil.
- The veggies are done when tender and golden.
Mix cubed eggplant with olive oil, 2 tsp. of vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with feta cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Info and more