Use chicken broth in this recipe for a richer flavor.
chopped in small pieces
drained and rinsed
What You'll Need
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Large spoon
- skillet or slow cooker or rice cooker
Cook onion in a little oil over medium heat.
Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Put remaining ingredients in pot. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
Slow Cooker Directions:
1. Put everything except optional ingredients into a slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or high for 4-6.
3. Serve with yogurt, sour cream, or cheese on top.
Rice Cooker Directions:
1. Combine everything in a rice cooker and cook for 1 or 2 cycles, until the beans are as tender as you like them.