Apple guava, Pineapple guava, Guava, Strawberry Guava
Guava is a tropical fruit that has rough skin and soft, pink flesh inside. It has a sweet taste and is often used to make desserts and juices.
- Refrigerate ripened guavas for 3-4 days.
- Ripen guavas on the counter for 3-7 days.
- Frozen, ripe guavas will keep up to 8 months.
- Wash the guava and keep the skin on since it's edible.
- Eat it like an apple or cut in half and scoop out the insides and slice it into pieces. Store cut fruit in the refrigerator.
- You can also enjoy guava in sauce drizzled over fish or chicken, or stir pieces into yogurt.
Why It's Great
- Vitamin C keeps our immune system strong and helps our bodies heal quickly.
- Vitamin A keeps our eyes working, our immune system strong, and our cells growing.
- Potassium, a type of electrolyte, helps build muscle and keeps your heart healthy.
- Folate, or folic acid, helps our tissues grow and our cells work. Especially important for pregnant women.